Cash Credit received an award in the category "Innovation for 2016" in South Africa!
15 APRIL 2016
- Unique model for evaluation of alternative telecom data;
- Our special partners work model;
- Technology identification using neural networks and self-learning systems;
- International presence.
- Mobile Finance & Commerce Innovation – this will be awarded to the MFC provider whose product or service exhibited the most the most innovation in their given market in Africa during 2015-2016.
Any technology, product, equipment or service submitted must have been launched in Africa on or after January 1st 2012. Entries can be submitted by companies, non-profits, public institutions and joint ventures.
2015 winner was InVenture, which is a company offering credit scores and accounting tools to individuals who lack access to formal financial services. InVenture is an innovative, fast-paced mobile technology start-up, which provides a credit scoring and reporting platform to financial services institutions in emerging countries. InVenture's vision is to provide a standardized global credit score for anyone with a mobile phone thereby revolutionizing the financial services sector in emerging markets.
- Digital Finance Plus Social Impact in Sub-Saharan Africa - will be awarded to the provider whose product or service delivered measurable social value in their given market in Africa during 2015-2016. Preference will be given to products and services that target "Base of the Pyramid" (BoP) customers or that meets the specific needs of traditionally under-served populations. The potential for commercial viability, growth, and profitability will be considered alongside the service's social impact.
Any organization or company, whose products/ services have been launched, or are in beta/ early stages of development in Africa. At minimum, all applicants must have a Proof of Concept (POC). 2015 winner was Fenix International, a company which offers a platform allowing customers to pay for Fenix solar energy systems over time. With any mobile money system, they allow customers to make payments via their mobile phone to have access to solar power, until a next payment is due. They are partnered with MTN.
- Three finalists from each category will be selected to receive a complimentary pass and a chance to pitch their solution at Mondato Summit Africa 2016 in Johannesburg on April 12th & 13th.